Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Black Dagger Brotherhood Blog Hop!



The Black Dagger Brotherhood. Ah! There is so much I could write about this topic. Love this series! I discovered it late, so I had the benefit of reading the first five books back to back. Good times!

I remember the day I discovered J. R. Ward’s series. I’d gone to Borders in search of a new read with nothing specific in mind, so long as it involved the romance shelf. I ended up with the first two Brotherhood books, and I proceeded to the check-out line.

A rather cute, young male cashier scanned my books and his eyes widened. “Have you ever read J. R. Ward before?”

He was too cute for a snarky reply pointing out that I was buying book one in the series. “No.”

Both of his eyebrows shot to his hairline. He smiled at me the way a little boy smiles at an ant hill while holding a magnifying glass over it. Thick voice: “You’re in for it.”

“Oh, kaaaay…”

Now, to this day I wonder just what he meant by that. Was he a fan trying to say the books are awesome, but ended up being inadvertently creepy? Or, was he just a brat referencing the hot content? Oh, well.

I’m sure we’re all in for it with Tohrment, heh. I can’t wait!

Cheers,
Autumn

6 comments:

  1. LOL I have to meet this guy! Maybe you should go back and ask him what he meant.

    P.S. Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - at least he knew enough to appreciate a great author :D

    Thank you so much for participating in this hop!!

    GFC follower robertsongena
    email subscriber robertsongena@hotmail.com

    Gena Robertson
    robertsongena@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOO i so love this hop butterfli262002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just now starting the series. I have lots of catching up to do!! With all the talk about it and the reviews (I stay away from spoilers), I so want to be "In for it!"
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not started this series yet but I do have a couple of the books in my TBR pile. I amy definitely going to read this series.
    GFC: June M.
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com
    (it is a j after the _)

    ReplyDelete